Capital Allocators Monthly - November 2021
“Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.”
– Eckhart Tolle
Triple Update from Capital Allocators. We want to share three treats with you for the holiday season.
1) Holiday discount for new Premium members. Use the code CA2021 at checkout between now and year-end for a 20% discount on the first year of membership.
2) Hot Jobs to Share is now available weekly. We release Hot Jobs in our weekly email to Premium subscribers. Sign up to get a heads up before the monthly crowd.
3) Capital Allocators Shop is open. Get some Capital Allocators swag for your favorite fan for the holidays!
Subscribe to Premium Here!
Free Workshop with Khe Hy. Prepare for the new year with a comprehensive analysis of your goals, priorities, and relationships with Khe. The live workshop will take place on December 14th at 11:30 AM ET.
Register for the Annual Review Workshop Here!
Hot Jobs to Share. Send interesting opportunities our way and we’ll share them with the community. For job hunters, our Premium members get an early look at Hot Jobs before the rest of the crowd.
Chief of Staff at Inflection Point Partners (IPP). Matt Spielman’s executive, career, and health coaching practice is seeking a Chief of Staff. View Posting Here.
CFO for Global Leader in Video Solutions for Financial Services. The CFO will oversee all financial activities of the company and will be responsible for providing strategic and financial advice to the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. View Posting Here.
Public Markets Analyst at UTIMCO. Full-time, pre-MBA position responsible for assisting the Public Markets team with investment research. View Posting Here.
A Word from Our Sponsors
Janus Henderson Investors. From JHI’s institutional blog, Head of US Securitized Products, John Kerschner, CFA, explains why MBS may actually benefit from tapering if they are favored over “riskier assets.”
Read Tapering Without the Tantrum
Northern Trust Front Office Solutions. The team at Northern Trust FOS recently released a machine learning module for asset owner research management to provide better oversight of the entire research process.
Read on the Release
Ontra. The global leader in Contract Automation and Intelligence outlines ten of the most important terms contained in side letters, highlighting some of the challenges in complying with those terms and assessing the potential operational impact for GPs.
iConnections. Join the leading global community for alternative investments that makes a bigger impact on our world at Global Alts 2022 at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach from January 24th to 27th.
Complimentary Registration for Registered Allocators Here
Ordered by reading time: tweets first, books last, and blog posts and articles in between.
1. Sahil Bloom, How to Win (without talent or luck). Sahil Bloom is a fountain of wisdom. In this thread, he shares timeless wisdom about winning.
Read How to Win
2. Perspectives on the Metaverse. We saw two pieces this month that help explain the Metaverse in different levels of detail – one from the New York Times and the second from Josh Wolfe from Lux Capital.
Read An 8-Year-Old Explain the Metaverse and How Josh Wolfe Explains the Metaverse
3. Josh Wolfe, Imagination at Lux Capital. Josh Wolfe believes failure comes from a failure to imagine failure. In its most recent quarterly letter, Lux imagines a boom and a bust scenarios for its quarterly letter a year from now.
Read Lux Capital’s 3Q 2021 Letter
4. Chris Dixon, Web3. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Learning about the blockchain can feel a bit daunting, like learning Mandarin. Web3 is the latest buzzword for a decentralized internet with value accreting to creators.
Podcast guest Chris Dixon is our favorite source of wisdom and relatable analogies for the ecosystem. His editorial in The Economist with Packy McCormick, Time Well Spent interview, and Tim Ferriss podcast with Naval Ravikant offer a path to take the first step on the educational journey.
Read Chris in The Economist, more from Chris, and Listen to Chris and Naval on Tim Ferriss
5. Randall Stutman, Admired Leadership and Spectacular Parenting Advice. Randall’s Admired Leadership online course is the gift that keeps on giving, and his Admired Leadership Field Notes (free) offers daily wisdom. We recently learned that a book his team wrote for clients, The Everyday Rules of Spectacular Parents, is available for purchase.
Buy The Everyday Rules of Spectacular Parents and Sign Up for Admired Leadership Field Notes
Past Capital Allocators Episodes
EP.220: Savneet Singh – The Operator/Investor whose Software is Feeding the World
EP.221: Jordi Visser – Analytics and AQ at Weiss
EP.222: Richard Tedlow – Charismatic Business Leadership
EP.223: Todd Boehly – The Next Berkshire Hathaway at Eldridge
EP.224: Chas Cocke – From Allocator to Manager at LB Partners
Past Manager Meetings Episodes
EP.18: Satya Patel, Homebrew – Interviewed by Tim Recker
EP.19: Himanshu Gulati, Antara Capital – Interviewed by Craig Bergstrom
EP.20: Kyle Samani & Tushar Jain, Multicoin Capital – Interviewed by Michael Liddy
EP.21: Brian Higgins, King Street – Interviewed by Tarik Serri