|Hello Fellow Listeners,|
Some announcements and an incredible list of reading and listens.
Welcome to Hank Strmac, Chief of Staff
After a multi-month process, I am excited to have Hank Strmac join this month. Hank will spearhead building the business around the podcast, including the launch of a new show, Capital Allocators University, and lots more.
Keep Up with Past Guests
As a feature of our premium content, we share important news of past guests in our Premium Weekly email.
Here's a teaser:
Kip McDaniel moves to Pageant Media. The Capital Allocators Boost strikes again! Kip has left Institutional Investor to take the big seat as President of the Americas for Pageant. Upgrade to Premium
Reading *(Ordered by reading time: tweets first, books last, and blog posts and articles in between)
“Risk is what's left when you think you've thought of everything.”
– Carl Richards
1. David Swensen, the GOAT left us this month. The best pieces about him included ones from FT, Bloomberg, and Yale Daily News.
2. Can Covid Turbocharge the Asian Century, Jesper Koll. Longtime Japan strategist Koll describes the stark differences coming out of the pandemic between the East and West.
3. Deep thinking about manager selection, Graham Duncan. Graham penned another mind-spinning blog for allocators entitled What's Going on Here, with This Human?
4. The dao of DAOs - the next big thing in crypto, Packy McCormick. DAO, or decentralized autonomous organization, allow decentralized groups to organize. After BTC, ETH, NFTs, and DeFi, DAOs are the next big thing under development.
5. A Few Things, Ahmed Husain. We all receive a litany of blogs in our email inboxes (Capital Allocators included). Ahmed's thoughtful curation of topical media has quickly risen to my required reading list. That's on a list with prior monthly mentions of Morgan Housel, Matt Levine, Shane Parrish, and Patrick O'Shaughnessy.
EP.195: Dan Ariely - The Human Capital Factor
EP.196: Ashby Monk - Innovation in Institutional Portfolios
EP.197: Charley Ellis - The Magic of David Swensen
Innovation in Private Markets Mini-Series
EP.192: Stephen Moseley – The Space in Between GPs and LPs at Alaska Permanent Fund
EP.193: Mark Johnson - New Leaders in Private Equity at Astra
EP.194 - Sulaiman Alderbas - A Massive Restart at PIFSS
Best of the Rest
Jonathan Jacobson with Staley Cates on Southeastern's The P/V podcast. 25 years of shared values in value investing.
Brent Beshore on Invest Like the Best. A fantastic update on small business in the pandemic.
Special Thanks To Our Sponsors
Have a good one,