Announcements and Gratitudes
* We started crowd sourcing favorite quotes from each week's episode. If you find a quote you love, send it to me. I'll share the best ones each week on twitter.
* Big thank you to our returning sponsor, Canoe Intelligence, whose technology automates the highly frustrating, time consuming, and costly manual workflows related to document management and data extraction for alternative investment reporting.
Reading (Ordered by reading time: tweets first, books last, and blog posts and articles in between)
1. Tweet storm of favorite quotes on Capital Allocators. Some of my favorites from past episodes.
2. Life Lessons. Five timeless classics that could be frequent answers to my last closing question each show.
3. Scott Kupor on LTSE. Talk about synchronicity. Kupor, the CEO of a16z and my guest on next week's show, wrote this piece in Barron's about the Long-Term Stock Exchange, run by Eric Ries, my guest on this week's show.
4. Yale University Investments Office. I spent five years inside the sausage factory at Yale, and it is awesome - even moreso than acolytes can understand. Leanna Orr at Institutional Investor wrote this piece about the difficulty in pulling off what Yale has, as described by long-time Investment Committee member Charley Ellis. Later in the month, Dean Takahashi announced he would step away from investing. It's hard to imagine the Yale Endowment without David Swensen AND Dean, and succession planning is likely top of mind.
5. Child Mind Institute. Podcast guest Jon Harris has been involved with the great work of the Child Mind Institute for a long time. The website offers a wealth of valuable information for parents.
6. Knife Fight from Brent Beshore. Brent describes the many challenges of buying small companies during our podcast conversation, and his new weekly newsletter shares terrific business stories and lessons.
Tips on using your Apple Watch.
Episode 106: David Druley - Structure into Action at Cambridge Associates
David discusses the beliefs and structure behind institutional and private wealth powerhouse Cambridge Associates.
Episode 107: Eric Ries - Lean Start-Ups and the Long-Term Stock Exchange
Author and creator of the Lean Start-Up framework talks about his entrepreneurial path and his latest venture, the Long-Term Stock Exchange.
First Meeting Episode 5: Paul Black - WCM Investment Management
Paul Black discusses the unique culture and strategy behind WCM's high performing growth stock business.
First Meeting Episode 6: Michael Novogratz - Galaxy Digital
Legendary trader Mike Novogratz walks through his career and his crypto business, Galaxy Digital.
Have a good one,
We are seeking a Community Engagement Manager to develop deeper relationships with our followers.