4. Great Buyers, Lousy Sellers
Four academics and practitioners put together eye-opening research showing that active managers do a much better job entering positions than exiting them. Alicia McElhaney at Institutional Investor wrote a good summary of the paper here.
5. James Clear, Atomic Habits
I highly recommend Atomic Habits, now a NY Times best seller. It helped me improve some of my habits immediately by starting with tiny, atomic changes. It’s a quick read and a rare how-to book that can change your life for the better without a laundry list of tasks to get there.
Listening Capital Allocators
1. Donna Snider, Kresge Foundation Managing Director and Institutional Investor‘s top draft pick to be a future CIO, talks in detail about the investment process.
2. Ron Biscardi, CEO of Context Capital Partners, discusses his hedge fund acceleration investments and his massive capital introduction Summit.
3. Jean Hynes, co-Managing Partner of Wellington Management, walks through her career at Wellington, the firm, and its investment process.
4. Jen Prosek, CEO of leading financial services PR firm Prosek Partners, describes how to build a brand in asset management.